MPE-Inc. (Midwest Products and Engineering Inc.) is currently looking for a Supply Chain Buyer to join our legacy! As a Supply Chain Buyer at MPE- Inc. you will be responsible for achieving, improving, and exceeding targeted customer service levels while managing inventory levels and targets.
Why Us? Why Not? We Offer:
- Full benefits (health, dental, vision, paid holidays, PTO, sick days, etc.)
- Competitive salary
- Generous 401K match
- Listen to your headphones while working
- Tuition reimbursement and certifications
- Clean shop with windows and a nice breeze
- Brewers games, casino night and paintball
- We have sport lunches and create products that save lives on a daily basis!
- 3-5 years of buying purchasing experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelors’ degree in Business with Supply Chain Management or equivalent experience
- Read and interpret purchasing related
- Prepare reports, purchase orders and correspondence related to purchasing.
- Superb communication skills both verbal and written
- Proficient in math and basic algebra concepts
- Tech Savvy
- Skilled in making system and process changes to improve departmental efficiencies and productivity
A day in the life:
- Run ERP status reports and analyze for adequate levels of materials to meet projected production needs.
- Source and select suppliers for the purchase of parts at the most cost-effective price, ensuring the meeting of quality standards and delivery requirements.
- Process purchase orders and/or blanket orders and order needed materials to meet production requirements.
- Coordinate with suppliers for materials and parts, ensuring the ability to meet production requirements and quality standards.
- Solve day-to-day cost/quality/scheduling issues with suppliers
- Complete NCMRs for suppliers and follow appropriate corrective actions per departmental procedures.
- Discuss and/or share results with key suppliers on a regular basis.
- Address and resolve the disposition of rejected and/or non-conforming parts.
- Negotiate and audit freight terms and costs.
- Travel and visit current and potential suppliers to conduct supplier quality audits, evaluate their processes and provide recommendations for improvement as required.
- Produce RFQ’s to get competitive bids and bid evaluation utilizing cost benefit analysis.
Interested candidates should send your resume to our Human Resources department at [email protected].
Internal candidates should see PaoChee Yang to complete an internal application.
This position is eligible for Employee Referral Bonus (up to $300)
Back to MPE Careers
MPE is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability