Fabrication Supervisor -1st Shift
The Fabrication Supervisor works closely with the other functional areas in the Company including those in Manufacturing, Engineering, Sales, Human Resources and Finance. The Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the fabrication cells of our fast-paced, rapid-changing environment involving a multi-shift operation.
1st Shift (6:00 am to 2:30 pm)
Must be available to work up to 50 hours per week
Responsibilities, Authorities & Essential Duties
The list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Lead the coordination of line balancing material flow through the fabrication cells
- Coordinate resources to and from the fabrication cells, fabrication assembly, shakeout, and drilling/tapping workcenters.
- Coordinate the press brake tooling kitting and job staging in front of the fabrication cells to meet the schedule priorities.
- Coordinate fabrication cross training efforts to improve increase workforce flexibility.
- Manage daily and weekly fabrication work hours to meet capacity requirements.
- Audit and enforce fabrication quality processes with a goal of zero defects.
- Use engineering to assist in engineering process improvements.
- Develop and grow self-directed lean cells.
- Lead all safety efforts in the fabrication departments with the demonstration of proper PPE and adherence to all safety regulations and requirements.
- Participate in staffing/hiring process.
- Provide input and recommendation to Director of Operations for associate advancement or counseling concerns.
- Participate in new product introductions as assigned by the Director of Operations.
- Maintain a 5S workplace through consistent housekeeping efforts with a goal of being a world class 5s organization.
Directly supervises the following areas: Shakeout, Forming, Drill/Tap, Fabrication Assembly, Inserting, Welding, and Metal Finishing. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; maintaining employee scheduling, and timecards.
Education and/or Preferred Experience
- Manufacturing engineering background preferred
- Press brake set up and/or welding experience preferred
- Must be able to read blueprints
- Experience running fabrication press brakes, insert machines, and/or welding equipment
- Must be able use measuring tools such as calipers, Virtek, pin gauges, etc.
Interested candidates should send your resume to our Human Resources department at [email protected].
Internal candidates should see PaoChee Yang to complete an internal application.
This position is eligible for Employee Referral Bonus (up to $300)
Back to MPE Careers
MPE is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability