Regional Sales Manager – West Coast
MPE is looking for an entrepreneurial sales professional that has a mechanical technical background; who desires to be part a growing sales organization and the ambition to quickly grow his/her territory. The charter of the Regional Sales Manager will be to accelerate the organic revenue growth through new customer acquisitions. Specifically, this will include deepening relationships with key target accounts, executing Go-To-Market strategies while building and improving the effectiveness of the independent sales rep network.
Vice President of Business Development
The Regional Sales Manager works closely with the Vice President of Business Development and key stake holders within MPE to grow revenue within the respective territory and in line with company goals and objectives.
Responsibilities, Authorities & Essential Duties
- Develops and executes sales account strategies aligned with MPE’s objectives aimed at profitable sustainable revenue growth.
- Responsible for growing revenue within assigned territory, meeting sales goals and developing strategic partnerships within our customers, target customer and strategic partners.
- Develops business relationships within target account(s) including Executive & Director levels, R&D, Procurement, Logistics and Quality.
- Conduct regular trips within the territory. Effectively prepares and coordinates with key MPE support team members (ie. engineering, program management, quality, operations, supply chain and others) as appropriate. Travel 40-60%
- Actively and effectively presents MPE’s value proposition, core competencies, products and services to customers, prospects and strategic partners.
- Communicate customer’s needs internally and provides the necessary leadership in preparing internal key state-holders and team members to effectively deliver to customer needs and expectations.
- Responsible for managing CRM content for his/her respective territory including but not limited to:
- Account management
- Contact management
- Opportunity pipeline funnel management
- Lead follow through
- Manages independent sales representative in respective territory for demand creation within existing, targeted and prospecting accounts as well as with strategic partners.
- Participates in weekly recurring estimating / sales planning meeting. Participates in preparing quarterly forecast and annual sales budget.
- Performs industry, market and competitive analysis anticipating customer needs for the continuous improvement of marketing and sales strategies.
- Strong understanding of competitive landscape to leverage MPE strengths to maximize design win closure.
- Provide valuable input in developing price strategies. Presents or co-presents price, program and business proposals.
Manages and directs MPE’s independent sales representative channel within the region.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree plus minimum five years of sales / sales management experience required.
- Technical background required; mechanical engineering and/or experience within manufacturing environment
- Sales experience in medical and/or electronics industry preferred.
- Prefer two to three years managerial experience and/or advanced education/training in sales or marketing.
- Must possess in-depth knowledge of managing complex sales process and managing multi-divisional account(s).
- Proven ability to develop & execute sales strategies.
- Experience with Miller Heiman Strategic Sales and/or LAMP (Large Account Management Process) a plus.
- Experience managing independent sales reps a plus.
- Strong analytical skill and experience with Microsoft excel a plus.
- Must have excellent verbal (presentation) and written communication skills.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present and respond to questions from customers, executives, strategic partners and key stake holders with the organization.
Interested candidates should send your resume to our Human Resources department at [email protected].
Internal candidates should see PaoChee Yang to complete an internal application.
This position is eligible for Employee Referral Bonus (up to $300)
Back to MPE Careers
MPE is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability